Drumming for Wellness Classes
March 17 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$15 - $20
Drumming for Wellness Classes with Katy Gaughan
6 Session Series: Sundays, March 10 – April 14, 2019, 3-5pm
Mishkan Torah Synagogue
10 Ridge Road, Greenbelt, MD 20770
*Learn Hand Drum Technique
*Learn World Rhythms
*Play Drum Circle Games
*Release Stress & Relax
*Connect With Others
This series is focused on learning how to get the proper sounds out of hand drums, learning a variety of world rhythms and having a good time while connecting with community.
While we’re doing this, we’re benefiting from the wellness aspects of drumming, which are many!
– Drumming reduces depression and anxiety
– Drumming increases endorphins and social resiliency
– Drumming boosts the immune system
– Drumming offers a creative outlet for nonverbal expression
– Drumming with others creates positive bonds
– Drumming will tune up your heart, mind and spirit!
Best of all, it’s FUN!
Ages: 12 and over
Sign up for all 6 sessions: $90.00
Drop in for individual sessions: $20/session
Drum rental: $10/drum per session
To register, send an email to:
Payment accepted via PayPal, check or cash.
FREE PARKING AVAILABLE.