Intro to Drum Circle Facilitation Training
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$70.00
Introduction to Drum Circle Facilitation
September 11, 2021
10:00AM – 4:00PM
Glass Pavillion at Capital Office Park, Greenbelt, MD
One-day training to introduce and practice key elements of in-person drum circle event facilitation. Katy Gaughan (Drumming for Wellness) will host this introductory Playshop in Greenbelt, MD.
Village Music Circles™ Drum Circle Facilitation Programs distill the challenge of rhythm-based event management into layers built on one exercise at time.
This Playshop will deliver:
- Hands-on practice for all participants
- Steps to create successful rhythm-based events
- VMC facilitation tools and techniques with built-in practice time
- Basic facilitator rhythm fundamentals (count in, count out, mark pulse, etc.)
Get familiar with basic facilitator skills like pulse and phrasing. Learn how to start, stop and sculpt grooves while moving a group toward its highest musical potential. Or just have fun and make the world a more musical place!
This Playshop is also a helpful refresher for experienced facilitators who’ve been on hiatus for the past year due to Covid restrictions.
Fee: $70 Early Bird Discount (EB deadline is 8/28) / $100 Regular Rate. Limited to 30 people.
This program was pioneered by Village Music Circles (VMC) Founder Arthur Hull after 50 years in the field and is co-authored by Jim Boneau.
Katy Gaughan is a VMC Certified Global Trainer with over 20 years of facilitation experience. The program is taught all over the world.
This Playshop is for:
- Music Therapists
- Music Teachers & Educators
- Group Leaders & Presenters
- Community Organizers
- Musicians & Drummers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Counselors & Social Workers
- Youth Counselors and Kids-at-risk Professionals
- Activity Directors for Seniors
- Health and Wellness Professionals
- Trainers & Facilitators
- Ministers & Spiritual Leaders
- Life Coaches
- Anyone seeking inspiration & new skills
What Playshop participants say:
– Engaging, supportive, infectious, life-affirming, FUN!
– I received inspiration, confidence, new ideas and approaches to share with the people I work with.
– I learned that drum circles are a great way to build community and camaraderie through an easy, quick-to-learn activity.
Questions? Contact Katy Gaughan – .
Learn more about Katy Gaughan Drumming for Wellness at www.katygaughan.com
Capitol Office Park is located on Ivy Lane in Greenbelt, MD. It’s directly off exit 23 (Kenilworth Ave) of the Capital Beltway (I-95/495) and walking distance from Greenbelt metro. Free parking. Hotel accommodations are available.
More info: https://www.capitalofficepark.com/location