- This event has passed.
Introduction to Drum Circle Facilitation Training
January 28 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$70.00
Introduction to Drum Circle Facilitation
January 28, 2023
10:00AM – 4:00PM
Greenbelt Youth Center, 99 Centerway, Greenbelt, MD
One-day training to introduce and practice key elements of in-person drum circle event facilitation. Katy Gaughan (Drumming for Wellness) will host this introductory Playshop in Greenbelt, MD.
Village Music Circles™ Drum Circle Facilitation Programs distill the challenge of rhythm-based event management into layers built on one exercise at time.
This Playshop will deliver:
- Hands-on practice for all participants
- Steps to create successful rhythm-based events
- VMC facilitation tools and techniques with built-in practice time
- Basic facilitator rhythm fundamentals (count in, count out, mark pulse, etc.)
Get familiar with basic facilitator skills like pulse and phrasing. Learn how to start, stop and sculpt grooves while moving a group toward its highest musical potential. Or just have fun and make the world a more musical place!
Fee: $70 Early Bird Discount (EB deadline is 1/14) / $100 Regular Rate. Limited to 30 people.
Participants who attend the 1-day Introduction training will receive a discount on the 3-day Drum Circle Facilitation Training.
This program was pioneered by Village Music Circles (VMC) Founder Arthur Hull after 50 years in the field and is co-authored by Jim Boneau.
Katy Gaughan is a VMC Certified Global Trainer with over 20 years of facilitation experience. The program is taught all over the world.
This Playshop is for:
- Music Therapists
- Music Teachers & Educators
- Group Leaders & Presenters
- Community Organizers
- Musicians & Drummers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Counselors & Social Workers
- Youth Counselors and Kids-at-risk Professionals
- Activity Directors for Seniors
- Health and Wellness Professionals
- Trainers & Facilitators
- Ministers & Spiritual Leaders
- Life Coaches
- Anyone seeking inspiration & new skills
What Playshop participants say:
– Engaging, supportive, infectious, life-affirming, FUN!
– I received inspiration, confidence, new ideas and approaches to share with the people I work with.
– I learned that drum circles are a great way to build community and camaraderie through an easy, quick-to-learn activity.
Greenbelt Youth Center is located in the heart of historic Old Greenbelt. Lunch options within walking distance. Free parking. Hotel accommodations are available near by.
Questions? Contact Katy Gaughan – .