Drumming for Wellness Classes
March 1 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20 - $25
Drumming for Wellness Classes with Katy Gaughan
5 Session Series: Sundays in March, 3-5pm
March 1, March 8, March 15, March 22, March 29
Shamanic Trance Dance and Empowerment Center
Beltway Plaza Mall
6192 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20770
*Learn Hand Drum Technique
*Learn World Rhythms
*Play Drum Circle Games
*Release Stress & Relax
*Connect With Others
This series is focused on learning how to get the proper sounds out of hand drums, learning a variety of world rhythms and having a good time while connecting with community.
While we’re doing this, we’re benefiting from the wellness aspects of drumming, which are many!
– Drumming reduces depression and anxiety
– Drumming increases endorphins and social resiliency
– Drumming boosts the immune system
– Drumming offers a creative outlet for nonverbal expression
– Drumming with others creates positive bonds
– Drumming will tune up your heart, mind and spirit!
Best of all, it’s FUN!
Ages: 12 and over
Sign up for all 5 sessions: $100.00
Drop in for individual sessions: $25/session
Drum rental: $5/drum per session
To register, send an email to:
Payment accepted via PayPal, check or cash.